Metrowest Healthcare Academy (MHA) was founded in 2007 by professionals with over 10 years of experience in the healthcare field. What makes us unique, and unlike other post-secondary schools, is the dedication of our staff to provide performance-based occupational training. Students will be prepared for entry-level employment in allied medical assisting and other health fields. At MHA, students gain the knowledge and confidence they need so that they may quickly gain the skills necessary for employment and achieve the success they desire.
The goals of Metrowest Healthcare Academy include the following:
- To provide educational and employment opportunities through concentrated, highly structured programs of study that prepare students for entry-level positions.
- To provide curricula that reflects the needs of a changing job market.
- To provide an opportunity for students to acquire the skills for occupational growth, including the understanding of employer expectations.
- To provide graduates with assistance in securing employment.
- To provide students with the skills and attitudes to continue learning throughout their lifetimes
In keeping with our emphasis on providing you with course work which will help you to develop not only your technical skills, but also the critical skills required by employers, Metrowest Healthcare Academy has devised a listing of institutional outcomes. These series of statements outlines the general skills and knowledge you will be able to apply when you graduate from any program offered at Metrowest Healthcare Academy. As a Metrowest Healthcare Academy graduate, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to be creative, make decisions, reason, solve problems, listen, and learn.
- Display personal qualities of responsibility, self-esteem, sociability, self-management, integrity, perseverance toward goal attainment, and ethics in professional conduct.
- Negotiate and interact effectively with culturally diverse individuals or teams and/or clients and customers to determine and satisfy expectations.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify, organize, plan, and allocate resources.
- Access, evaluate, organize, interpret, and communicate information.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills during interaction with culturally diverse individuals, groups, and teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex systems including the ability to evaluate and improve performance.
- Demonstrate current technological skills and aptitudes appropriate to the work environment.
Metrowest Healthcare Academy
100 Concord Street Suite 2A Framingham, MA 01702