If you’re motivated to make a big change in your life, Metrowest Healthcare Academy is ready to help you reach your career goals. During the admissions process at Metrowest Healthcare Academy, you will complete an application form, submit necessary documentation and meet certain admissions requirements, and personally meet with a medical career specialist who will help guide you and answer any questions you may have along the way. Your medical career specialist will also help you choose a program that is in alignment with your career goals.
Nurse Assistant Training Entrance Requirements
To be eligible for admission, students must meet the following requirements:
- MUST be 16 years of age or older.
- MUST have negative PPD reading or normal chest x-ray (cannot be older than one year at time of clinical rotation).
- MUST have a High School Diploma or its equivalent, or 10th Grade reading, writing and English language comprehension.
- MUST score 100% on the pre-entrance exam.
- CORI check provided by student, and at student’s expense, before taking part in clinical rotation.
Medical Assistant & Medical Administrative Assistant Training Entrance Requirements
To enroll in the medical Assistant & Medical Administrative Assistant Programs, students must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years of age or older
- Proof of High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Pass the entrance exam
- Current physical examination and immunizations, including any negative results for PPD (Mantoux test and negative chest x-ray if PPD is positive)
- Negative drug screen
- Clean criminal background check (CORI)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs and to reach overhead
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods
- Proof of personal health insurance
To register yourself to any of our training programs, please fill in the following registration form with the necessary information and submit.